Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm recorking my MKVII neck and I discovered it has a sort of reinforcing ring at the receiving end. Should I cover it entirely or cut the cork to leave it visible?

· Banned
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
(Hello to OP - aka MP! I owe you an email.... Yours was originally corked to the end, with the ferrule covered, but beveled away from the tip of the neck and rounded off. If you do it without, you can always compare to how you felt about it before, and redo if you don't like the difference. You know your horn very well, so after you spend some hours on it, no doubt you can trust your own judgment.)
Yeah Cali man!! I recorked it like it was before I took it out ( just a little ferrule showing) and then cut to the ferrule and IMO the difference is psychological.

I think next time I'll cover the whole thing and see. Actually, I might just get some cork and re-do it this weekend just for **** and giggles.

· Banned
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
What ever it is called mine is covered. If it starts to wear I will trim it back to expose it. Then I will have a better idea if it makes any more difference than what color your lig is! Until then Im just glad I have a cork.
Of course lig color makes a difference. That's why leather is darker than silver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.