Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,312 Posts
Mine was not recently. I just had mine redone. He says he always covers the ring. I cant say I can tell a difference or not. There are two schools of thought and I really dont know if there very many people have A/Bed the results. Seems to me its fine either way.

14,312 Posts
If Steve says its so I will go with it. The perceptions of a long time player of everything under the sun is good enough for me. It makes sense and I cant figure any way in which the alternate method would be better for anything other than long term reinforcement of the neck. I do like that the ring serves this purpose. Covered or uncovered it still supports the integrity of the tube.

14,312 Posts
My MVII had the Damn Ferrulating Zinger Ring Thing showing - I did buy it second hand but at that time it was only some 3 years old - so I would assume that's the way Selmer wanted it. Which was good enough for me.
Played a Selmer straight out of the box in the past few year? They are set up by a special team of monkeys borrowed from the Lakey Mouthpiece company. If that is what they intended Im scared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.