Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11,603 Posts
"Important" message? I don't know about that. Personal opinion? Yes.

· Registered
11,603 Posts
Any golfers here? Every year there is a new magical club that hits farther, takes out vibration, makes the golf swing more natural, etc. ... I think you get the idea. I've seen the same trend in avid golfers trying to improve their games with frequent equipment purchases. I haven't played in a while but I found out after a couple expensive "latest-technology" clubs that my slice was still well-intact. :) The only way I improved my swing was working with a pro and spending a lot (and I mean a LOT) of time at the driving range.

I only mention golf as a similar analogy where I've seen GAS to correct for swing, distance, whatever improves the game. But equipment doesn't make up for having a good fundamental swing and grip. On the sax, you need good embouchure and breath support regardless of the mouthpiece (assuming the table/tip/rails are in good shape).

I'm a DeWalt guy Steve...a friend of mine (and fellow sax player) is a DeWalt power tool engineer and he gets to bring home some pretty cool prototypes!
I put a Klangbogen on my driver..............instantly better drive............

· Registered
11,603 Posts
My main takeaways:

1) Nothing really - he has been on my "ignore" list for a long time. What's this thread about?

· Registered
11,603 Posts
We all have a right to state our view, and should expect a response as well.
....and that what makes this a discussion list. Thank you for discussing your side of the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.