Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,373 Posts
I agree and yet disagree with the Op post. I don't want to get into it because it will probably start WW3. The only thing that I will share is something that was shared with me years ago. "nobody in the 2nd row cares".

· Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,373 Posts
I was never a money oriented person. Phil
I have watched this thread for awhile now, and I again have a need to speak up.

Phil, It is agreed that you have worked with many famous saxophonists. I just did't like seeing that in your earlier post you had to name them all just to justify your point. I think many of the people here on SOTW know who you are and what you have done.

Maybe more than 20 years ago I had you put an epoxy baffle in a Meyer alto MPC for me, and we agreed that you would take a NY Meyer alto as payment (they were maybe going for about $450 at that time). We agreed to that. When you returned my Meyer it looked as if you just slapped in some epoxy. There was no hand finishing. Nothing fancy. I could of done the same thing at that time. Did I complain, no, because WE agreed. You did the work and shame on me for not doing more research.

As a repair tech, my mentor had personal contact with you, and always said you were always looking at stealing other's ideas but that is another story.

I have seen and played mouthpieces you have made and never been blown away.

Now, back to what got me going today on this post is what you said about you were "never a money oriented person". You made and did work on mouthpieces and made horns, etc. I'm sure making money was a factor or else you wouldn't of stopped when it didn't become hugely successful.

Again, I have nothing but respect and I wish you further luck, but just calling it like I see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.