Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
2,900 Posts
Now that Phil quit making mouthpiece has he suddenly against the industry. He claims that having a horn that plays in tune and works well is a bad thing. What is spot on about that. Sure there are some truths in the post and a fair amount of bloviated BS.

2,900 Posts
As a guy that has owned numerous brands of Taiwan horns, I find that the low quality engraving on the Phil Barone horns appears to have more in common with Chinese made horns. Yes I wasted my time and money exploring all these horns but I did discover this.

2,900 Posts
My main takeaways:

1) Phil is bitter because others succeed in the mouthpiece and he is jealous.
2) Phil is selling chinese made saxophones and his thread about chinese stufff is to distract from that.

2,900 Posts
And for the record, I'm not in the least bit bitter or jealous, my life is amazing and I wish everyone tremendous success, just not at other peoples expense. And my horns are made in Taiwan, not China but that's an established fact and the engraving is flawless. Anyone that doesn't like one can return it for a complete refund and I pay the shipping both ways. My point of view comes from seeing first hand hundred of players put gear above what's important.
Just because you say it doesn't make it an established fact. The engravings on your horns are crude compared to the numerous other brands of Taiwan horns that I have owned. Chinese like on the Barone

Human body Human leg High heels Boot Metal

2,900 Posts
Looks great to me. I've had twenty Mark VI's and my horns look just as good. But you've been critical for me for a while now, why I'm not exactly sure. You said in one post that you're in the business and you have fifty horns but you never give your name, never try to sell on here and nobody knows who you are. What's the deal?
I'm just a hobby seller Phil. More or a hoarder of saxophones, but I've sold many horns here. So must be my kind of apathy or depression or brain fog that I don't get my name out there like you. I never said that your engraving was flawed. I just think its rather plain and consistent with chinese saxophones. When every other Taiwan horn I've seen has much more detailed engraving, it make me wonder why a particular company would be doing inferior engraving, in such a competitive market as the Taiwan market. It doesn't add up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.