Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a Zoom H2? Can you tell me how long it will record gigs, lectures etc., on AA batteries before they run too low? Thanks.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine lasted a few months. Duracell; but I'm switching to rechargeables.

·
Banned
49 Posts
I record in MP3s and find that duracells last one entire evening. Of course there's still room left on the 2G chip. Don't know how one could get " a few months". I sure would if I could though.
SG

·
Registered
472 Posts
definitely use rechargeables. regular duracell/energizer batteries will work in a pinch but they won't last nearly as long as a single charge on a rechargeable battery.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
NIh rechargeable batteries are very nice but not if you use it every now and then because they tend to loose their energy even if not used

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't count on a set of conventional alkaline batteries lasting more than a gig. Bring your power adapter.

·
Registered
923 Posts
WOW!!! I guess I've been changing my batteries and never knew. How stupid of me....

·
Registered
1 Posts
definitely use rechargeables. regular duracell/energizer batteries will work in a pinch but they won't last nearly as long as a single charge on a rechargeable battery.
What brand of rechargeables are you using? I tried rechargeable alkalines (Pure Energy) and they only recorded around 3hrs straight out of the package (marked pre-charged) and only around 2.5hrs after the first charging and rechargeable NiMh's (Optex) wouldn't even turn the H2 on. (because of the lower voltage, I assume). I did change the battery setting in the H2's menu to NiMh.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Be sure you have the right charger and/or the right settings for the type of battery you are charging. A good charger will usually have the option to totally discharge the battery before starting a charge which I understand will give a better and more consistent charge overall. It certainly has seemed to work that way for me with my newest charger which does both NiMh and NiCd. And all rechargeable batteries are NOT created equal. I would check consumer reviews for reports on which batteries are best and hold a charge longest. In December, 2010, Consumer Reports gave good marks to AA rechargeables from Kodak, Duracell, Rayovac, Sanyo, and Sony. There are lots of cheap ones out there that won't keep a charge or won't even fit well into many devices. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts