Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, I bought parallel post fitting pliers and parallel swedging pliers From ZhengHao Music:
http://www.zhmelody.com/prod.aspx . Unfortunately, the metal of the handles is too soft and bends before the pliers can act on the piece being worked. Both pliers failed before I could complete one saxophone. A couple days ago, I sent an email to ZhengHao Music alerting them of the defect, that it might be wise to stop selling them until the problem is fixed, and that if they believe just mine are bad, let me know. Of course I would very much appreciate a replacement of refund.

I ordered other assorted odds and ends which appear to be just fine. Hopefully, they will resolve the problem quickly. I'll post an update here when I get a reply or within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they wont reply unless you spam them with emails. Thats at laest my experience. I've never ordered any pliers Form them, but the spring punches are soft material too. The tweezers however are absolutely fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Had a bad experience with them a couple years ago trying their pads. Poor quality and unethical business practices. Don't hold your breath waiting for that reply.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been a couple weeks, along with a couple emails including photos of the defective products, and still no sign of life from ZhengHao. A pity. They are officially off my recommended list until further notice.... Now I will go cry myself to sleep... sniff, sniff.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Sorry to hear that, carolus. Even though they're sometimes more pricey, I'll always go with Ferree's or Music Medic. Chalk it up to a lesson learned!

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts