Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
Zentera is a magician

I have never been pleased with my sound on tenor.I wanted to try a Link STM but was put off by numerous claims by members of quality issues in Link stock pieces until the day came when I read sinkdraiN's thread.
His approach made so much sense and I was pursuing a similar sound.It had been a couple of months since sink's post so I PM'ed him to see if he was still as pleased with his STM tailored by Ed.He said that it remains his main piece and he has no reason to play his stock Link..
I emailed Ed to see if he could fix me one similar.He was so accommodating and a great guy to boot.He put me on his list.
The other day I got the STM 7*.
It is by far the best mpc. I have played.It is everything sinkdraiN says.I am amazed at its responsiveness,wide spectrum of colours,focus at quiet volume and especially its huge fat trademark sound at all volumes.
Ed's a genius,his work is stellar and I am the happiest guy in the world to be well on way,finally to a great tenor sound.I am satisfied my search on tenor is over.I can not imagine a better playing piece.
Thanks to sinkdraiN for his discovery and post and to Ed who is apparently consistently amazing at a very reasonable price.He is all about the player.Thanks Ed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
sinkdraiN said:
saxphil...Im so glad the link worked out for you too. I actually love this piece more now than I did when I started this thread.
This piece EZ refined for me,like yours,brings me to the soul of my Mark VII.It's a perfect match and like you say sink "gets out of the way" just you playing.
Thanks sink,for leading a horse to water.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts