Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I enjoy buying mystery horns rather than buying known quality horns. Found this alto on eBay branded Zaz on the bell and stamped made in Holland underneath the serial number below the right thumb hook. The only other hits I got from searching Zaz were a tenor, the Zaz "Tonga." In true Dutch heritage it looks to me (as does the "Tonga") to be a stencil of Amati or Keilwerth, and the bell to body brace reminds me of Schenkelaars. It has 2 serial numbers, 177 etched above 3311, and 311 on the neck. It has rolled tone holes, a right hand trill g# and the neck tenon has four slots and the tenon screw is actually on a clamp separate from the horn (but I have seen that on other saxes too). My guess is it is some sort of rebranded Toneking or Concord Artist but I was hoping to get some other opinions/insight to what this horn is all about. Thanks!!

Musical instrument Reed instrument Brass instrument Product Wind instrument

Musical instrument Reed instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument

Automotive lighting Hood Brass instrument Motor vehicle Wind instrument

Hand Musical instrument Wind instrument Sleeve Brass instrument

Musical instrument Brass instrument Reed instrument Wind instrument Human body

· Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
43,457 Posts
this appears to be a Dutch made Schenkelaars, one of those which they made themselves ( as opposed to the ones they had stenciled) probably with some Dörfler & yörka ( not as everyone, wrongly thought, Keilwerth parts, but they did have entire Keilwerth stencis).

The round bell to body brace is typical of these horns in combination with the dörfler & yörka pinky plateau and low Eb-C.

Read all about these horns in many previous threads

http://www.saxontheweb.net/Resource...l=www.saxontheweb.net/&ref=&ss=3194j933652j14

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.