Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2016
1,706 Posts
This galah is showing he or she doesn't know s*** from cold pudding. Tell tale signs like saxAphone, the mouthpiece looks like it's probably on upside down, but best of all - check out the way the baritone stand has been "adapted" to hold the tenor!!! And am I missing something or has he really tried to insert the neck into the plug?

Also, a check of completed listings around the world should show that a BIN of around $2000AUD might tempt someone. If he gets three grand mine is coming out from under the stairs!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think my favorite part is the fact that the neck is put on inside of the end cap. I don't even know how that's possible.

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2016
1,706 Posts
But the stand has to make it a great deal. :lol: Does anyone know what make it is? K&M? It actually looks pretty solid, unlike some of the stuff out there.
I don't know the brand - it could be a local Aussie make. A late friend of mine had an identical one. It seemed to me to be essentially made of drum parts and is heavy. My friend's stand cradled his baritone beautifully and firmly at exactly the correct angle and height for playing on the stand.

My guess is that the seller has seen guitars on stands and has made the sax stand work like a guitar stand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think my favorite part is the fact that the neck is put on inside of the end cap. I don't even know how that's possible.
Yes that quite made my day, could be some pitch issues playing that way. I can just imagine the thread here at SOTW....someone playing that setup with a terrible sound and getting all sorts of helpful advice about long tones and embouchere development and 3 months later still having problems....frustrated and where to from here questions

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
LOL Whatever they did it sure doesn't look comfy for the tenon or the neck receiver! :banghead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts