Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really need convincing, but...

I'm about to add a tenor to my family. I was going to get a YTS-275 to go with my YAS-275 but the shop I use has a used and just-serviced YTS-32 at the same price. It's 5-6 years old, has a couple of marks on it and plays beautifully according to the seller (who I trust).

I can always send it back if I'm not happy. Would anyone hesitate?

Steve.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,419 Posts
The 32 is a high intermediate sax - closer to the 62 than the 23. If you think the pads have good life left in them, I'd go with the 32. Just remember what repads cost - that can quickly change the complexion of a purchase if not factored in when necessary.

C

·
0 Posts
I owned a YTS 34II . I spent some time on Yamaha's website after I purchased the sax and this is what they said.

YTS 34II and the YTS 62II share many of the same features. They have the same neck (G-1) same key layout and bore. The only real difference is the 62II has an annealed body and more elaborate engraving.

I never came across specific info on the original YTS 34, so I can't say if the same holds true for it as compared to the 34II.

I also directly compared the 34II side by side with a YTS 52. The 34II had a sweeter, fuller sound with excellent intonation. The 52 had excellent intonation as well, but it sounded thinner and less rich.

You don't hear much about 34's, but they are a solid horn and are usually available at bargain prices. I would not hesitate if the horn is in good shape and priced fairly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts