Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any information on the YTS-31, what you would expect to pay for one in good condition, what kind of players they are, etc.

I only found one thread on them, and they seem to be a rarity in the states, but a trusted sax shop has one I might be interested in, as a college music student picking up my own tenor.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I BELIEVE THE 31 IS A STUDENT HORN FOR THE EUROPE MARKET. MAY BE AN OLDER HORN . SHOULD BE A GOOD PLAYER THOUGH. THE PRICE SHOULD COMPARE TO THE yas23 I THINK IT IS THE SAME AS THE 21/23 BUT WITH BRASS INSTEAD OF NICKEL FOR THE KEYS?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just my 2 cents

Hi,

I have YTS32, YTS34 and YAS52. From what I've gather, when in production, the 3X was upper beginning level model, 5X was intermediate and 6X was pro. I would guess that YTS31 was the same time with YTS61...

IMHO, the YTS32/YTS34 I have is way much better for beginning level. They have most, if not all features that the Pro 6X offered, except the fancy encriptions...

As about pricing, my YTS32 was sold for $1200Cdn, and I paid closed to $1000US for my YTS34... I think a top condition YTS31 should fall into $1000 range...

BTW, I think 32 was marketted for North American, while 34 was targetted Europe and the rest of the world...

Other guys on SOTW will surely give you much more information... Just be patient with us...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Rare/early - it is to the 61 as the US market 52 (rest of the world 32) is to the 62.

I think they went out of production in 77 or 78 so you are looking at a 30 year old horn - in good fettle should be playable, but in poor condition might be spendy to prep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts