Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new soprano came in today! I ordered an 875EX from my local dealer on Thursday and today they had it. I'll unpack it and post photos when I get home. Can't wait!

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve P said:
You'll love it. Just remember, I warned you. :)

Steve P
I know you did. :) I'm really anxious to play it after your glowing comments about it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Stop that! I don't even want to start thinking again that I might need to round out my collection of silver EX's by trading in my 875!:(

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, photos are forthcoming but I can say that this horn plays unbelievably good. No difficulty on any notes or strange harmonics. It blows away my S992 in every way. Steve, it definitely lived up to what you said about.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
We've got to love the one(s) we have!

Joe -

I know you are joking, but your Yami silver-plated collection is fine - same brand, same color!

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to entice you or anything, but I've played a YSS875 before and the EX is a HUGE improvement. The EX plays with a lot less resistance than the 875 and has a much better feel imo. I'd highly recommend you play test one.

·
4,370 Posts
:twisted: Evil you must be, young patywong(sorry don't know the spelling)...to the dark side you seek to lure me!

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed this morning that my straight neck is a G2 and the curved neck is 62R. Is that correct? I'll probably be using the straight all the time but was curious about that.

Joe - the dark side is strong!

·
4,370 Posts
Uncle already! I ordered a silver one to compare to my current 875. I've got to stop reading this forum! The GAS force is with me! :shock:

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe Jazz said:
Uncle already! I ordered a silver one to compare to my current 875. I've got to stop reading this forum! The GAS force is with me! :shock:
Haha I hear ya. My teacher jokes with me that I show to every lesson with a new horn. I think I've finally settled into the best horns for me. The 875 I tried a year or so ago did not impress me at all. This EX is a totally different monster. I wouldn't be surprised to see your 875 up for sale in a week or so. :)

Steve - you're probably right. I'll double check when I get home.

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
Joe Jazz said:
Like it you will, yes....

Yoda

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve why don't you have an EX?

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
patseguin said:
Steve why don't you have an EX?
You mean Steve as in Steve P, right? I (also a Steve) DO have an EX. I bet Steve P is waiting for the EX to have a high G key, although I bet he'll chime in here himself.

Steve

1 - 20 of 65 Posts