Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a YSS62R. In the attached photo, it appears to be missing a screw/other part. Is it just the screw for the lyre holder that's missing? I am not overly familiar with straight sopranos as I play a curved one. Thanks in advance.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,888 Posts
assuming that one needs it in the first place...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,452 Posts
..….which the previous owner obviously didn't. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Those Yamaha lyre screws are a PITA. :D Somehow they just unscrew themselves and fall out, never to be seen again. I lost the one that came with my old -52, and my daughter's used -23 was missing it as well. There are replacements everywhere if you need it, though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
Did anyone notice that the lyre is missing as well?

·
38,888 Posts
there is space for a klangbogen though :whistle:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,901 Posts
assuming that one needs it in the first place...
I mean, how can you survive without that screw? The added mass increases resonance, and makes the horn come to life. 🤭

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Lyres are so 19th century.

What is needed is a cellphone or tablet holder. No, not for calls or text, but for music apps, backing tracks, sheet music. You read it here first on SOTW; so if somebody makes that, I get royalties.

·
38,888 Posts
Lyres are so 19th century.

What is needed is a cellphone or tablet holder. No, not for calls or text, but for music apps, backing tracks, sheet music. You read it here first on SOTW; so if somebody makes that, I get royalties.
Actually ypou now have to pay them royalties because of mentioning their product without authorization :twisted:

https://mobilelyre.com

·
38,888 Posts
Sicuramente!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My mobile lyres are metal and have different finishes. It improves the tone and depth of the sound. So, better. :mrgreen:

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
Indispensable for playing East European quarter tone folk modes ....very useful too for mounting a small vanity mirror- if one is so inclined...................

·
Registered
266 Posts
All that's missing is a command near the thumb rest to take selfies while playing... wait... I should apply for a patent, now: don't tell anyone, that's between you and me...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
Indispensable for playing East European quarter tone folk modes ....very useful too for mounting a small vanity mirror- if one is so inclined...................
... or a security camera that alerts you when you leave your zipper open. :shock:

·
38,888 Posts
I was wondering if missing a screw is not the first step of what they mean with : “ and now you go crazy playing a solo....."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts