Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Yamaha YSS-475ii two days ago,and I love it!
Its just an amazing soprano and its worth for the money.
Ok so this is my opinion about my new horn. First of all,this horn looks stunning :cool:. I play the horn right out of the box and haven't done any setup to this horn. The horn is free blowing from the bottom to the top of the horn. It sounds a little bit bright,but not as bright as you think. People who loves smooth jazz stuffs will love the sound of this horn. It has nice keywork too,fast response and really smooth :thumbrig: which is I really look on saxophone. I think YSS-475ii is not an intermediate horn, it is a pro horn but with intermediate price so if you plan to get a great soprano with affordable price just go get it. Oh and I got a very nice case too :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,831 Posts
I just bought a new Yamaha YSS-475ii two days ago,and I love it!
Its just an amazing soprano and its worth for the money.
Ok so this is my opinion about my new horn. First of all,this horn looks stunning :cool:. I play the horn right out of the box and haven't done any setup to this horn. The horn is free blowing from the bottom to the top of the horn. It sounds a little bit bright,but not as bright as you think. People who loves smooth jazz stuffs will love the sound of this horn. It has nice keywork too,fast response and really smooth :thumbrig: which is I really look on saxophone. I think YSS-475ii is not an intermediate horn, it is a pro horn but with intermediate price so if you plan to get a great soprano with affordable price just go get it. Oh and I got a very nice case too :D
475s are fine horns for the money,and there are qualities from the professional range within there build, i have a older 475 myself, and its a reliable performer.
Yes free blowing they are,you will have alot of fun ,enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts