Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

I'm currently using a Samson Airline 77 wireless system with my tenor on GB gigs. The sound produced through the fronts is 'okay' (even with a lot of EQ work), however, the room noise picked up by the mic is almost unbearable. It is especially noticeable in my in-ear monitors. The noise comes through the house at a noticeable level, even with messing around with the channel gain and such.

I do like the small no-wire mic clipped on the bell. You can't beat the price to get going with wireless. I definitely need to stick with wireless to move about on the stage/crowd.

Has anyone used another system on a consistent basis with better results? Shure, AKG, others? I'm looking for better sound quality with less room noise.

Thanks for helping!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have an AKG system (WMS420 iirc). It is solid and dependable. No issues with dropouts etc. I have the C519 mic. for my purposes it's fine - I do a lot of gigs with DJs in clubs. There are almost certainly better options in terms of mics. The DPA 4099 is very highly recommended by many. I believe it can be used with most wireless systems.

·
Registered
249 Posts
BTW, the AKG has a separate transmitter but I have made a bracket as designed by Bill Mecca. It works great and means I have no trailing cable. I had a 30cm (1 foot) cable made up to connect the mic to the transmitter.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
BTW, the AKG has a separate transmitter but I have made a bracket as designed by Bill Mecca. It works great and means I have no trailing cable. I had a 30cm (1 foot) cable made up to connect the mic to the transmitter.
thanks for the mention Alastair, but I would be remiss if I didn't admit I got the idea from John Laughter. I just made one and shot a video about it. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts