Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give "Lips" a listen and hopefully positive review.

A tune I wrote and produced, I'm playing Alto..

You can hear it on YouTube. I released it for sale on Amazon iTunes etc..

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
It's easier if you actually post the YouTube link in the thread Cash. I guess it's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAqgc1mJz1c

I'm not much into this type of music and the singing doesn't ring my bells, but I do like your alto sound and solo. :)

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark !!

...Mr PeeBee sorry, I don't know how to post a YT link, THANKS for the kind favor..!!

·
Premium Member
15,478 Posts
I wish you were local so I could come and hear you at the clubs.
This is the perfect music that I could sit and enjoy all night long.

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2016
Guitar and saxophone
420 Posts
Great tune and excellent lyrics. Hate those 'lyin' lips', lol.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Dave !

K no it's my engineer Bob Orona singing, I wrote the changes the melody and lyrics..in the studio we just grabbed a bandbox backing track. I borrowed the engineers worn shooting star Conn alto and mpc (?) to add the Live Horn, Bob added some live Percussion and of course the vocal track. I don't sing all that great, but I thought it turned out well... I do like how he improv mimics the Alto riff at the end..
Listen for fun to hear our hidden candid comments at the very end.

My only real prob so far is figuring out the "genre"..well we know it ain't Jazz..maybe Calypso Country ??.:whistle:

Opinions please on the Cover art..do you like or don't like the road to the moon ? either way I am interested so please tell me why:mrgreen:

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Saxaholic glad you like.

Was a trip how it came together, I actually had the title for a couple months before I finally hammered out some basic changes one Merlot fueled evening, over time Lyrics came the same way (more Merlot) Anyway reviews have generally positive and a few have sold, so we'll see..

I realize it's a bit of a niche type song, not for everyone. I had nothing in mind except I wanted a chrome suckin' tear jerkin' country song. I copped the title waiting for the Van headed out on a winter tour to Canada. I was talking a real songwriter in the Band when I got a bit of inspiration myself.

At that moment I glanced down to a random CD laying on stack. It was some Nashville chick, with the most Juicy Red and Loveable LIPS on the planet..well…..:twisted:

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would love to hear all reviews, I see lots of views, only a few comments. I've had a few noses turned up already..haha..For fun I did lots of "blindfold" tests when I first got it finished to get unbiased opinions.

Nope not for everyone, Now about that Cover, I was gonna use Hearts and Flowers but I liked the Moon better.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Alcohol always brings inspiration!

I always say i play best with a few drinks in me. The problem is I keep drinking, so that sweet spot never stays!

For the cover, maybe a black night, bright moon with ruby red lips inside the crescent moon? :)

Thanks for sharing it with us!

- Saxaholic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts