Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
You know YOUR a...rse from your elbow when YOU'RE name is "Carbs".

<

<

<

NOT!!

[sorry, Carbs. Couldn't resist :;]

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
When you know that "your" is a possessive pronoun and "you're" is a contraction meaning "you are."

I don't know what they're doing at your school, but if I were your English teacher, you'd NEVER not be a senior (lol).

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Carbs said:
do I hear Mrs. Toot comming?
Possibly. She can be quite loud. Telecommunications is a fascinating subject for her. She has done research on it. How did you no? Have you been speyeing on us, Carbs?

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, wouldn't waste the time spying on the Brits. Rather spy on the people from Pheonix. Who like correcting people's English.
Just courious Reed, how many people speak and understand English in Pheonix?? :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Theirin lies the problem. Most sax players like to see they're written English in proper form, and there a little confused when it doesn't come out that way. They no watt it is supposed to be, and have a mental hiccough when they're is know match between the written word, and what the intent is. Know matter, personally, I do not see wear the problem is. After all, if the shoe fits, where it. Watt you see is watt you get. I'm sure your not taking offense to any of this. As s senior, you're hide must be pretty thick. But I'm a guitar player. Watt do I no anyway?!

PS. I'm just having a little fun with ya, Carbs. Seriously though, folks take you a bit more seriously when you "speak" properly in your written communications. If you make those kinds of mistakes on your college applications, you'll be lucky to be accepted in your local community college.

. . .and to answer you question:

. . .when you start hearing horn section parts in your head with every tune you listen to; even folk music.

·
5,076 Posts
Carbs said:
Nah, wouldn't waste the time spying on the Brits. Rather spy on the people from Pheonix. Who like correcting people's English.
Just courious Reed, how many people speak and understand English in Pheonix?? :D:D:D:D
Everybody. Especially the ones who can spell "Phoenix" :D , lol, and especially all the folks from Mexico and elswhere in Latin America who know that they have something at stake!:cool:

·
5,076 Posts
martysax said:
Carbs, as linguists go, you're not too cunning.

Maybe you should take ESL this quarter in High School?
Some of my Latino/Latina students here in Phoenix can teach him!:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
martysax said:
Carbs, as linguists go, you're not too cunning.
Haha. It took me five posts, but I finally got that one. 'Guess it's because I'm a guitarist. :cry:

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
So, you can still get scrod in Boston....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts