Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been readin reviews on yamaha saxs and they all say 62s a real good horn and that. question is some reviews say the yas82z is only i souped up version of the 62 and the yas875 is only a souped up version of the 82z. Is it actually worth the extra money to get a custom series or should i just get a 62?

·
Registered
8 Posts
82z is better

I have the 82z silver plated alto and its great. I've played a 62 and its comparable, but not as good. The 82z tenor is great too. For the extra $500 or so I'd definitely recommend the 82z. The 875 leans more towards classical, so if thats your thing then go for the 875. The different lacquers do make a difference, but not much. I've played the lacquer, silver, and unlacquered, but not the black. The lacquer's sound holds back a bit, the silver is bright and I love it, and the unlacquered is very free blowing, but looks a bit messy after a year or so. Thats my two cents. :D

C

·
0 Posts
I have a YTS 62 with the G-1 neck. I still have the original M-1.
I prefer the G-1 over the M-1, but it does take some getting used to .
No real adjustment in play needed , just acclimating yourself to the different feel.

I would pop for the 82Z, it's a great horn, worth the extra coin if you have it.
If not, the 62II will not disappoint !

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
jmacks said:
I have the 82z silver plated alto and its great. I've played a 62 and its comparable, but not as good. The 82z tenor is great too. For the extra $500 or so I'd definitely recommend the 82z. The 875 leans more towards classical, so if thats your thing then go for the 875. The different lacquers do make a difference, but not much. I've played the lacquer, silver, and unlacquered, but not the black. The lacquer's sound holds back a bit, the silver is bright and I love it, and the unlacquered is very free blowing, but looks a bit messy after a year or so. Thats my two cents. :D

UH OHH :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts