Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i play the yas 82z black the other day and loved the way it felt but felt like the tone could use a little something. im just curious if anyone noticed any difference between the black laquer and unlaquered versions of this horn. please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
:whistle:

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Yes the fun will start now.For me the ZUL and Z silverplated horns have atad more depth to there sound.I owned 3 gold lacquer Z tenors.Just tested a bunch of new Z's when i got my silver Z.it was a toss up between the UL and silver Z,silver won due to the look factor.This is my findings and opinion,plenty will say how can finish change the sound,try a bunch out and pick the best.Enjoy testing them and remember its what you think that counts.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
I personally think the my silver Z is a tad darker than the lacquered Zs I tried. I can't say it's due to the silver. All Zs are like racecars though and operate best going all out. It's not a great street car/cruiser. I just got roos and metal resos in my silver Z and it is even moreso... good lord it's a monster!!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
I personally think the my silver Z is a tad darker than the lacquered Zs I tried. I can't say it's due to the silver. All Zs are like racecars though and operate best going all out. It's not a great street car/cruiser. I just got roos and metal resos in my silver Z and it is even moreso... good lord it's a monster!!
What kind of roo,reso combo did you get,any pic's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts