Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
YSS62, YAS62, YTS62, YBS62, Sopranino
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She just arrived from Tokyo this morning.
In almost new condition, save a somewhat musty case (which I won’t be using anyway).
This horn plays effortlessly and has a more sedate tone than my 62. Similar lightness of key action but a little closer to the body if you know what I mean (less travel in the keys). The love affair continues…

Musical instrument Jewellery Font Art Crane

·
Premium Member
Selmer MK VI, Selmer SA80 II Silver-plate Alto, Selmer SA80 II Silver-Plated Tenor, Yani Soprano SC
145 Posts
Like!

You giving me an idea..

Should I silver-plate my YAS-61 that I was going to repad?..

What was your horn worth?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure how many Randall’s there would be in Tokyo 🤔 but this was a Ray in any case.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
Sax, Flute, Keyboard, Vocal
6,234 Posts
That was my college horn way back in 76. Until I bought my Mk6 in 79. then foolishly sold it all in 84. Man If HI had those horns still. K

• Love
Reactions: ROC

·
Registered
YAS-62 Series 1 | YTS-62Siii : Holton 241 Tenor (1952)
118 Posts
She just arrived from Tokyo this morning.
Beautiful! These silver horns are just so special. I've been eyeing off a new YTS62Siii as getting an older one seems near impossible. Did you source this one from eBay?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beautiful! These silver horns are just so special. I've been eyeing off a new YTS62Siii as getting an older one seems near impossible. Did you source this one from eBay?
I initially saw it on eBay but the seller was keen to take the transaction ‘offline’, offering me a better deal and reducing the vultures share.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Totally regret selling my 61s. They felt really "agile" to me. That's a beautiful axe, OP. Love it. Hello from it’s younger sibling. 62ES. Still my most played alto by far. About 22 years old now. I’m pretty fussy about swabbing after every use, rinsing the neck and mouthpiece out, 3M silver strips and Wright’s silver polish when needed. :)
Musical instrument Reed instrument Wind instrument Brass instrument Music

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
7,554 Posts
Totally regret selling my 61s. They felt really "agile" to me. That's a beautiful axe, OP. Love it. Hello from it’s younger sibling. 62ES. Still my most played alto by far. About 22 years old now. I’m pretty fussy about swabbing after every use, rinsing the neck and mouthpiece out, 3M silver strips and Wright’s silver polish when needed. :) View attachment 130367
And the amazing level of photography helps!!!

Gorgeous. I'll have to try getting a good snap of my Silver 875EXII Alto to add to the group :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts