Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved it today (ebay). I bought it to match my YTS-61 (see other thread). WOW! I can't believe what a good horn this is! I'm taking it to get corked RIGHT now. It earned itself a trip to my ship for a good workout. I'll post more later. Uh, YAS-21's are way overrated. 'Better go and get yourself a Mk-6!;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So yeah. I don't think I've played one of these since I was a kid! I really really like the key work. My alto piece is a Meyer 7s, and it was a real good match. Intonation was great too. I just sold a cannonball alto, and for me this one stacks up fine against it: pitch was easier to control, but the cannonball seemed to project more. The keywork is absolutely faster for me on the 21! I found that truly surprising. I only sold the CB because I don't really consider myelef an alto player. I basically bought the 21 becase it was CHEAP, matched my 61 tenor, and I'd read good stuff about them on SOTW. $200 isn't a lot to throw at a horn, and it payed off well. I don't want to bash the CB, because I found it to be a great horn. It's just that I'm astonished how well this one plays!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
It was one of these little beasts that got me back into playing after a really long hiatus. I was at an arts fest where the local conservatory had set up an instrument petting zoo and picked one up to play for grins. That little adventure has since cost me more thousands than I care to admit, but I wouldn't trade the journey for anything.

·
Forum Contributor 2007 Distinguished SOTW Member
820 Posts
Played a YTS-21 for years. My parents bought it for me to learn on and I never really thought that much about upgrading. I ungraded the mouthpiece once, to a tone edge and that was it. It did what I needed it to do. Mine played a little sharp on the palm keys but not bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts