Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... at Kessler Music, that is. https://www.kesslerandsons.com/blog/top-selling-musical-instruments-2018/. I feel sort of proud, even though I didn't buy my horn there.

It's unusual to get reliable information on instrument sales, so this article is a minor boon. The ranking of house-brand horns is also interesting, but perhaps not as stunning as suggested. Instruments that are notoriously expensive elsewhere, but that Kessler offers in cheap, decent house-brand versions, are exactly what I'd expect to lead the way. You can get a playable, low-cost alto almost anywhere, but a bari is a rarer animal.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,435 Posts
Kessler's house brand horns are a cut above the average, plus they run each saxophone thru the shop before shipping. This is a major benefit as anyone knows who has bought a Chinese horn without such a service - you'll usually have to work on it for 3 days to get everything working. I bought the Kessler bari in 2015, have been playing it ever since and have not made the first adjustment on it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
At least some of Kessler's house-brand saxes are made by Tenon Industrial in Taiwan. Tenon markets these same instruments (as well as other lines) under the Chateau brand. These are great saxes, and excellent bargains for the money. Some Chateau dealers have prices that are substantially below Kessler's, but they are few and far between.

I also have to second LostConn's comments about the TWO1, although I also purchased mine elsewhere, and the Kessler Bari. I had one about 15 years ago, and found that I really didn't need a bari, but it was a great deal on a nice instrument.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts