Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing this sax for my daughter. She's a 3rd year student ready to step up into a pro-model horn. He instructor has played the horn, and said it plays great, but might benefit from some lubrication and a basic annual service. It's in great shape, hardly used, but unplayed for 10 years. Only minor surface scratches, no flaws I can find.

It comes with a decent case, and a C* mouthpiece. What would be a fair price to offer for it?

Jeff in Milwaukee

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
A couple of A992's have gone by over the last few weeks here in the "Horns For Sale" section for $2300 - $2500 - these are higher end bronze Yani altos. Over the the last couple of months I've seen a few A991's go for $1700 - $2200. The horn you are looking at is the older version of the A991. A quick search turns up one sold here at SOTW last April in near mint condition for $1800 and another presently on Craigslist in Kansas City listed for $1500. Based on that I'd say something between $1400 and $1800 is probably reasonable assuming it only needs a slight adjustment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts