Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get Yanagisawa soprano necks? I'd like a curved silver one...

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should clarify...any US dealers? The dollar is too weak vs. the pound right now...

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
I purchased my aftermarket Yani tenor neck from Kessler's music. Give Dave a call.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,423 Posts
I think Dave Kessler can get them for you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yep....got a bronze neck for both my alto and tenor from Dave. He'll hook you up!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Perry, I was considering getting a bronze neck one day for my 991 tenor. Was it worth the extra money, make any difference, can you describe the tonal effect with the bronze vs. the stock?

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Leon...initially (in the shop), I didn't like it because it seemed to be a bit less focused than the brass neck. However, I decided to try it as I was having Dave order a brass replacement neck (don't ask how my old brass neck got bent!) and I didn't want to be without a horn while I was waiting for it. Once I got the bronze neck home and really spent some time playing on it, I really began to dig the slightly darker and richer (more vintage) sound......especially in the lower register! Also, I noticed that I seemed to be able to put a bit more air through the horn, which I like! When my brass neck finally came in, I tried it once or twice..after that, it's been sitting in my instrument closet ever since! I had a similar experience with the alto neck though not as pronounced as on tenor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts