Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could those of you with Yani baris please take a look at the two octave vents and report back to me on the relative size of the pip bores?

I don't need exact measurements (at this point) but am very interested in knowing if the "upper" vent closest to the neck has a pip bore diameter (the visible hole) smaller than the lower vent.

There is a very noticeable difference between the two on the Vito VSP horns and I am interested to know if today's models are also very different. On the VSP, the upper vent bore is quite small in comparison to the lower vent bore.

Appreciating the length of the tube plays some importance, if you have any first-hand knowledge of any evolution there, I'd like to hear about that as well.

Thanks!

- Ed

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,423 Posts
Yani B901

Ed-The upper vent (G) on my B901 is much larger, 50-100%-eyeball, than the lower vent (A).

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just had a look at my B992. Both vents look identical. Same bore on both as viewed with my bare eye.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor
4,379 Posts
They appear to be more or less the same (top vent may be larger) on my VSP/B901, but I can't get a good view without removing the keys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts