Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

How good are the Yanagisawa 990 Bari's and What are they going for in excellent, very good, and good condition. Is 2,650.00 a good price for one? Thanks...

Philo

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I don't know the baritone but I have a 990 tenor. It's beautifully built and, despite the nonsense about intonation due to the model change to 990u, it has none of the problems attributed to it. I think the only change was a cosmetic down grade.

The tenors go for about the asking price of the bari in question and seems to be less than half of other big horns in that class.

Go get it!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information and suggestion...

Philo

I don't know the baritone but I have a 990 tenor. It's beautifully built and, despite the nonsense about intonation due to the model change to 990u, it has none of the problems attributed to it. I think the only change was a cosmetic down grade.

The tenors go for about the asking price of the bari in question and seems to be less than half of other big horns in that class.

Go get it!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
That’s an excellent price, especially if there is no immediate need for a re-pad or re-haul involved.

Hi all

How good are the Yanagisawa 990 Bari's and What are they going for in excellent, very good, and good condition. Is 2,650.00 a good price for one? Thanks...

Philo

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks... just some part that's needed on the neck brace... and I think the seller taking care of it. What's the limit as to what to pay for this horn...Never mind.... sold for 3,745.00 that was more than I had in my budget... but thanks anyway..

Philo

That’s an excellent price, especially if there is no immediate need for a re-pad or re-haul involved.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That is a really good price for a great horn. Grab it now and do not look back! I paid 800 more for a well set up 900 series from PM woodwinds and feel that I got a fair deal. These horns play great.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
If it was an auction the real bids and value are held out to the very end. tack on another 1k to your budget going forward and you're in the game for a similar horn the next time one is up for sale.

Thanks... just some part that's needed on the neck brace... and I think the seller taking care of it. What's the limit as to what to pay for this horn...Never mind.... sold for 3,745.00 that was more than I had in my budget... but thanks anyway..

Philo

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
Even the 880 baritones in excellent condition sell for >$3000
Between $2000 and $3000 you could get a 900 perhaps...
You can often find a VSP in solid playable condition for <$2000, and these are awesome, fully genuine Yanagisawa baritones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts