Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on eBay and it looks like a pretty incredible deal! It is a 9937 tenor with a $3k asking price. This is not my sale. It just looks like something someone would probably love to pick up. The low bid price is because they want a buy it now only. Does this look too good to be true or is it just a great deal?
Thoughts/enjoy if anyone buys it.

· Registered
39 Posts
Yes DEFINITELY a scam, take a look at this third pic... I have seen this same one posted on a bunch of Mark VI and other sax listings that always seem to pop up on Friday and Saturday nights. Anytime you see a link to buy off eBay, run (this is against eBay policies as well and I've reported the scammer)

· Forum Contributor 2015-2017
4,822 Posts
Get smart, Andre. This is very obviously very bad. Felony level fraud.
Check out the seller's many listings and get back to us if you think they are legit.

To be very clear, NO. This is not an authentic deal being offered for a very expensive saxophone at a low price.

· Registered
15 Posts
This is a scam where someone hacks an account with high feedback and puts up a bunch of listings with all kinds of stuff hoping to get sent money. The last one I saw was an account with 8000+ feedback from selling craft ribbons, now suddenly selling a bunch of vintage Selmers, industrial equipment, and who knows what else. Click the "report" link and report them for suspected fraud and eBay will take care of it.

· Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, crazy! Thanks everyone! I had bot seen that particular scam anymore. My understanding was that they wanted someone to “buy it now” off of eBay. I assumed at that point eBay and/or PayPal would protect the buyer.
I guess not. Sad.

· Forum Contributor 2015-2017
4,822 Posts
Actually, they do. They have. What it takes is for people to complain.

For example, I hit the eBay complaint dept. what four specific complaints about your seller's listings yesterday, and another about the seller.

Easy to ignore one maybe, but not a group of them. Polite, articulate, specific, accurate.

I know some other folks also complained. You see something wrong, say something. Give eBay a chance to do the right thing.

Sometimes they do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.