Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Japan and thinking of buying myself a tenor, a TWO1 if I have enough money, if not then a second hand older model or a Yamaha.

Could someone be good enough to tell me the length of the case, including handle and any rubber feet? I'd like to know whether I'd be able to get it into one of my suitcases or not.

Thanks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,832 Posts
same as for Yamaha case that you’ve asked already elsewhere.

Unless your suitcase is truly gigantic it won’t fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From an old thread, someone wrote that their Cannonball case was 69.8cm long. I can fit that into my suitcase. Just. With a little bit of room to spare. But I don't know if that was inclusive of any handle on the end, or whether the Yani/Yamaha cases are slightly bigger/smaller. So, any measurements would be appreciated.

I don't have a particularly massive suitcase, just slightly taller than many.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or at least if it doesn't fit in my current suitcase, I can try and get my hands on one that will be big enough next time. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
From an old thread, someone wrote that their Cannonball case was 69.8cm long. I can fit that into my suitcase. Just. With a little bit of room to spare. But I don't know if that was inclusive of any handle on the end, or whether the Yani/Yamaha cases are slightly bigger/smaller. So, any measurements would be appreciated.

I don't have a particularly massive suitcase, just slightly taller than many.
I don't know about that Cannonball measurement- My 9xx series Yani case is 83 cm. A ProTec ProPac case is even a few cm's longer than that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just adding the numbers for a Selmer (Serie III case (BAM case))
The case is 80 x 31 x 20cm without the handles. For the handles you should add 3 cm

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just adding the numbers for a Selmer (Serie III case (BAM case))
The case is 80 x 31 x 20cm without the handles. For the handles you should add 3 cm
Thanks. I'm sure someone will find that information useful.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
The TWO1 case is approximately 34.5 inches long and 14 inches wide, counting the handles and the little feet. I assume you can convert these measurements to centimeters as needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts