Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,861 Posts
Yes, I saw that too and somebody beat me to it, a friend of mine in the NL has a Soprano which is likely to be a Yanagisawa S6 same nickel plate

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
The model number may be on the left side of the body tube around the same level as the serial number.
It is on my A4 and T4.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The model number may be on the left side of the body tube around the same level as the serial number.
It is on my A4 and T4.
This sax is in good playing condition but cosmetic condition is terrible, what would be a fair price ?

·
38,861 Posts
I have just found a Yanagisawa Alto ( A5) with high F# made voor Schenkelaars! Beautiful Silver plate horn!

·
38,861 Posts
I will publish some pictures, when I have the time to shoot them, This horn will be very likely offered for sale in the for sale section very soon.

Stay tuned!

·
38,861 Posts
I think this is a late ’70 begin ’80 A5 serial number is 17901498

Here are a few, soon this will be advertised on the for sale section (click several times to enlarge, pics are very large you can see minute details)

The tarnish is only very superficial.

View attachment 262132
View attachment 262134
View attachment 262136

·
38,861 Posts
It’s a very nice player, incredible that Yanagisawa had so many stencils they made back then, today, they have no overcapacity at all, waiting lists are very long for most instruments

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,245 Posts
Well, in the 1970s they were just beginning to ramp up production and had zero name recognition.

I remember seeing brand new Yanagisawa saxes (models were marked 1100 and 2200 I think) in 1971 or 1972 at a big band festival we played at in the midwest.
They had soprano, alto, tenor. None of us had ever heard of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts