Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the following price list (with pictures):
http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/saxophones_co_uk_Yanagisawa_Soprano_Saxes_56.html

The Yanagisawa S991B Black Lacquer Soprano is priced at £3006 while the standard Yanagisawa S991 is priced at £2589 which gives a whole of ~£417 of difference, virtually for the same products with different colors. Usually a black "painted" soprano is not priced more than a standard brass soprano.

Is it a substantial reason why there is such a price difference between S991B and S991?

Should I go for a Yamaha Custom YSS875EXB instead?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012
3,095 Posts
Hype, whim, fashion, desire, call it what you want. Probably it DOES cost more to produce (small batches, equipment cleaning, etc....), but not that much. Same applies to silver/gold plating, engraving (Selmer charges for it). The car industry charges ridiculous uplifts for "special" paints to. And we pay...
We cannot chose for you. sorry. I'd say go for the sound and not the look, but it is just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your opinion is very right. Price for Sound and Not Price for Looks.....

Obviously the big difference in price does not justify the action.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,951 Posts

·
28,951 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Additionally that is mass delivery company. It is not based in the U.K. at all. It is registered there. Not as serious company as www.sax.co.uk

I prefer to pay something more and get the service I deserve. Plus they promise to check and fully set up and adjust the sax in their workshop before dispatch.

Another point I prefer to pay a bit more with sax.co.uk is that I am sure where my sax is coming from....

Dot

·
28,951 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
If you are buying a new 99X soprano anywhere, I'm betting every one comes with two necks and the hi-G keying. DAVE

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Pete I may be wrong matey. You have probably saved me a couple of pounds. I sent them an email. Waiting till Monday to open

Take care. By the way do you have any other shops in mind that may provide quality for the money>?????

Thanks man

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also thanks Dave and Captain waiting for their reply.

If you know any other e-shops please let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts