Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter #1
Would a Yani silverneck fit a single socket Super 20? I wonder?:?

Registered
The neck diameter on the King is probably larger than the Yani's, depending on the model.

I have an early Eastlake tenor (466xxx) and compared it to the neck a Yani T-901.

Gloger makes silver necks for Kings but they're expensive, about $850, I think.

Registered
I just tried my Yani T-990 neck (with underslung octave), on my King S-20 and it fit, but not very tight. The octave key arm on the King needs to be extended about 3/4 on an inch more to reach the lever on the Yani neck.

Maybe someone on the forum knows of modifications that would make the Yani necks work on the King?

Discussion Starter #4
thanks inauman (hey..... :) I've been in Bethlehem PA, nice place especially the Brew works! ;) ) I am very interested in this option is your yany a silver neck?

Registered
My Yani T-990 neck is regular brass, not silver. The T-901 neck was also brass but did not have the under slung octave key. I have since sold the T-901. I think Selmer necks fit Yani, with some minor modifications, but getting back to King S-20鈥

I guess if you alter the neck diameter on your King or use some sort of shim in the Yani neck, in addition to getting the octave lever extended, you might get the Silver neck to fit better. The shapes of the necks are different and this may effect the intonation. It might not be worth the effort.

I decided the difference in sound that I would get from a Gloger Silver neck on my all brass S-20 was not significant enough to justify the expense. My S-20 is an exceptional horn as is.

Bethlehem has Musikfest in August. There are stages set up all over the place and most of the music is free. The festival lasts 10 days.

Discussion Starter #6
cheers! Unfortunately I can't come to enjoy the music in Bethlehem this year.

I will be keeping my S20 neck looking for an upgrade original silver neck, I would love to try a gloger neck to decide whether to spend that much money or not. Once I tried a Mark VI neck on My Mark VII and couldn't perceive any difference at all.

Discussion Starter #7
anybody has any news on the odd chance of marrying a Yani solid silver neck to a Super 20 single socket?

Distinguished SOTW Member
The easiest thing to do would be to have some enterprising machinist make a replacement tenon for the neck and an extender stub for teh octave tang...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts