Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting a new piece for my alto, and the one that caught my eye is the new yanagisawa classical mouthpiece, anyone tried one yet?

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
The Yany classical mouthpieces are finally out (SATB). I haven't tried one yet, but here is a good video review:

More details from the same reviewer are available if you subscribe to the TheSaxophonist.org online magazine.

More good news is that these Yanagisawa pieces are not overpriced. In the U.S., the Yany classical alto mp costs the same as the D'Addario Reserve and the new Vandoren Profile, much less than the Selmer Concept or Theo Wanne Water, and much, much less than the new boutique classical pieces from Chedeville or Dahlke.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I have had the 140 and 150 alto for just under a week. I think I will keep the 150 and also order one of the tenor mouthpieces.
I have made a bunch of recordings but need to play on it much more. So far, they really are great in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
For those who have played them, how do you perceive them on the "tone color" spectrum, say from Rascher to S-80 to Rousseau, or Dark/Bright, or ...? I listened to the video posted above, but only on crappy laptop speakers that really don't do it justice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts