Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering purchasing a Bb tenor sax. I consider myself an intermediate player, not a professional. I presently own a clarinet, and alto sax. I am currently using a rented Tenor. The Yamaha YTS-62111 seems to have some very favorable reviews and before I go and test it out, I thought I would solicit the opinions of this forum.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have one and like it very much. I would definitely recommend you go and try it, as well as whatever other tenors the store has. Make sure not to limit yourself to any one brand.

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great horns!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Postscript: I purchased the horn and am loving it. Easy playing, good sound, key action feels quick and smooth.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2015-2016
2,617 Posts
The 62 series 3 tenor is my favorite tenor of all time. My mark 6 and conn 10m sits in the case while I play gigs with the yts 62 . Phenomenal horn!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like loads of other people I love yahama instruments for their reliability: I’ve got alto and tenor 62s and also an electric piano - the clavinova 582 I think - which is also fantastic - feels and sounds like a real piano.

The 62 series 3 tenor is my favorite tenor of all time. My mark 6 and conn 10m sits in the case while I play gigs with the yts 62 . Phenomenal horn!!
I was interested in this - do you like the series 3 more than the older models of the 62? If so, what’s the difference?

·
Registered
150 Posts
It only took them 7 or 8 models to try to get it right.
I should see if my local guy has one to try.
I've got a couple of purple logos — alto, and tenor — and they play just great. I plan to keep 'em forever! Dunno why you say it took them 7 or 8 models to get things right? also, many people love the 61, of course.

(Okay — I like Yamahas, I admit, and I've gotta stick up for 'em!!!)

·
2,617 Posts
Yes I have had several purple logo 62s for tenor and a 61 as well but the series 3 yts 62 beats all the ones I have had by far. They changed something with the neck and it works great for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes I have had several purple logo 62s for tenor and a 61 as well but the series 3 yts 62 beats all the ones I have had by far. They changed something with the neck and it works great for me.
Thanks for your reply, JD — I'd like to try one out. Happy with my old purple logos though.

·
2,617 Posts
I still have a purple logo alto that is very good but I but I never loved the purple logo tenors as much . But I’m no authority on Yamaha’s. Just know what works for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s hard to go wrong with a Yamaha 62, the different models all have differences between but I have yet to play one that I didn’t like. My tenor is a 62II, had it for over 15 years and it is still going strong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts