Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have a Yamaha YTS-61 tenor saxophone that works decent after being fixed a couple of times although there are some little issues that could be inherent to the design. Also it is getting a bit too old as I hear from my repair man. I recently started thinking about possibility of having a bit easier experience getting a newer design and perhaps smarter mechanism and more free blowing low notes on the high octave. I like to get something that is not less professional than what I already have. I came across a 2004 Cannonball Big Bell Global Series that is in a good shape apparently. I was wondering if anyone could comment comparing the two. By means of mechanism, playability, ease of use, and also reliability. How about the sound and overall impression of the users (are they both professional instruments sort of in the same level?)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Can you try out this potential purchase before buying? You should be able to get a used Global Series for no more than $1200 in this buyer's market. Less if it's somewhat scratched up.

I can but say that my first Cannonball purchase was a global series that I tried out while my 62 was getting worked on. The tone was so much richer than the Yamaha, it wasn't even close. It held up extremely well to years of regular rehearsals and gigs, with only some minor tweaks and a couple pads. YMMV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts