Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been searching for a Yamaha YTS 32 that my wife gave to my son a long time ago (She has passed) and when he left Europe he left his sax with a friend and being young and wanting money he told his friend to sale it and send him the money. He regretted it badly and finally it has been found on here but the owner is not selling. What should I do

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,780 Posts
I think you have already started a thread on the same subject

this is , strictly speaking, against forum policy.

But aside from this, you should at the very least make the title of your thread more explanatory of what you are seeking (in fact the other thread is clearer).

APPARENTLY you found that particular horn ( that is not in the thread that I mentioned , why you are now starting a new thread is beyond my comprehension ).

If the owner is not selling then you are stuck. You won’t get it.

Offer to replace it with a better and newer model far exceeding the value of an otherwise pretty common honr is the only thing that you can do. There is no way to force someone to sell what was rightfully bought and paid for.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I’ve been searching for a Yamaha YTS 32 that my wife gave to my son a long time ago (She has passed) and when he left Europe he left his sax with a friend and being young and wanting money he told his friend to sale it and send him the money. He regretted it badly and finally it has been found on here but the owner is not selling. What should I do
Reflect on how you got yourself into this situation and learn from it?

·
Registered
435 Posts
What nigeld said above. I followed your beef with NO SAX on that YTS-32. He seems a nice guy and would have sold it to you already if you didn't behave that way previously in the forum. Your son may register here to contact him.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would ask why THAT particular YTS-32 is so important vs. others, but I guess I have my own sentimentalities which might make very little sense to others. Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
832 Posts
What nigeld said above. I followed your beef with NO SAX on that YTS-32. He seems a nice guy and would have sold it to you already if you didn't behave that way previously in the forum. Your son may register here to contact him.
I remember that NO SAX bought a YTS-32, but I don't think I saw anywhere suggesting it was the very same Sax (not just the same model) being searched for by GREY SAX. Can you provide the link to that thread? Cheers...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Miracle of miracles, against all odds, you've managed to locate a needle in a haystack. That was the hard part. Now comes the easy part. Offer the owner three times what he paid for it, or three times the market value, whichever is higher. If you're not willing to do that, you're not serious about getting back that particular horn.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I remember that NO SAX bought a YTS-32, but I don't think I saw anywhere suggesting it was the very same Sax (not just the same model) being searched for by GREY SAX. Can you provide the link to that thread? Cheers...
Check this out. Reading the thread is like watching a TV drama show😂. It is such a coincidence that this is the exactly the same horn and NO SAX even post it on sale but GREY SAX (OP) kind of mess up everything.

·
Registered
435 Posts
OP, posting the same issue again and again won’t make NO SAX change his mind. If I were you, the following must be done immediately:

1. Edit your past posts which were quite offensive to others.

2. Apologize sincerely, probably just make a new thread for those offensive posts.

3. Don’t solicit a sale out of marketplace (it is against the rules here), but try to work out a way to contact NO SAX privately rather than putting this thing public. You are lucky that NO SAX like his YAS 62 more than his YTS 32 and exclusively play Alto now, meaning you still have a chance.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
36,386 Posts
This path has been trod.

Let it go.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
36,386 Posts
3. Don’t solicit a sale out of marketplace (it is against the rules here), but try to work out a way to contact NO SAX privately rather than putting this thing public.
That is still exactly soliciting a sale out of the marketplace.

Reactions: saxmsy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m waiting for the marketplace to honor my privileges to achieve a purchase and then see what happens. Other than that you guys should stop the negative vibe

·
Registered
753 Posts
Miracle of miracles, against all odds, you've managed to locate a needle in a haystack. That was the hard part. Now comes the easy part. Offer the owner three times what he paid for it, or three times the market value, whichever is higher. If you're not willing to do that, you're not serious about getting back that particular horn.
That wouldn't help. The owner appears to be a man of strong principles, and if you read all the pertinent threads, you will see he clearly stated that, as a result of GREY SAX's conduct, he will not sell it to him for any price.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,909 Posts
I’m waiting for the marketplace to honor my privileges to achieve a purchase and then see what happens. Other than that you guys should stop the negative vibe
You have 3 more months to wait for access to the marketplace.
The instrument you claim once belonged to your son is obviously not available for purchase by you.
Any negative vibe your feeling is caused by your own actions.
You need to accept the fact that the sax will never come back to your son. It was his decision to sell it. The current owner is not obligated to sell it back to you, regardless of circumstance.
Sometimes we do things that we later regret
This is how life works. Live with it.

Reactions: 400VI62 and Dr G

·
Registered
205 Posts
That wouldn't help. The owner appears to be a man of strong principles, and if you read all the pertinent threads, you will see he clearly stated that, as a result of GREY SAX's conduct, he will not sell it to him for any price.
I did see them, or at least most of them. I suspect that my attitude might be the same as that of the current owner were I in his shoes. ;) However, if the appropriate sincere apologies were made, and a very substantial bonus were to be added, that might change his mind over time. At least it's possible.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Meh, the owner wasn't the best communicator either, repeatedly skirting the serial number question and adding to the confusion. It's a bit holier-than-thou to refuse to accept an apology.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts