Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I am new to this forum. I figured that this would be a good place to seek some knowledge. Ok, to the point... I recently stumbled upon a sax marked YSS-62r in a local pawn shop. The horn is in beautiful condition (so good that it has me wondering if its a fake). I have attempted to post some pics, but i am having a bit of difficulty doing so. However, I will continue to try and post more. so what do you guys think, real or fake? Also, when looking at these horns is there any big tell tell signs to be looking for that scream FAKE? thanks for any advice that you guys may have

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Only thing that screams anything to me is the bad typesetting on the serial number but that could be normal for all I know(which is very little)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
You’re welcome and it practically looks untouched or has been exquisitely cared for. What you have there is really the 2d series of the 62R run; in-line low C# with the B, Bb, blue steel springs, etc and yet the dark purplish brown decal is still present. Do you mind my asking you what they want for it?

Thanks for your input!! I was taken aback with its condition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You’re welcome and it practically looks untouched or has been exquisitely cared for. What you have there is really the 2d series of the 62R run; in-line low C# with the B, Bb, blue steel springs, etc and yet the dark purplish brown decal is still present. Do you mind my asking you what they want for it?
I purchased it for $800, obviously they didn't know what they had.. they wanted $500 for a YAS-23... thanks to all for the help

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Good luck with it and the 2d series 62R is perhaps about as complete a soprano on the pro level you can find that is a very forgiving playing horn. If you’re an accomplished alto player, spend some time getting to know what works for you on the soprano; you really have to approach the smaller, higher pitched soprano differently and trial and error is inevitable but rewarding in hindsight.

This is my fist soprano. I have primarily been an alto player, but I have messed with some tenors in the past.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I purchased it for $800, obviously they didn't know what they had.. they wanted $500 for a YAS-23... thanks to all for the help
Well done! Having owned a bunch and played even more including Yanagisawas, Selmers, a Borgani, Couf/Keilwerths the 62R is still my favorite.

Congratulations are in order for sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts