Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying out a new Yamaha V1 neck on an older Alto YAS 875 ( not the EX, not the EX II, not an 82Z - but the original 875 ). The new neck plays very sharp - trying both a Meyer 5 and a Vandoren AR3 mouthpiece ( with either cane reeds or Legere Signature )- and both result in a sharp pitch. Both these mouthpieces play in tune with the original neck ( The M1 ). Even at the end of the cork, the pitch is still off.
Any ideas why the V1 neck pitch is so different from the M1?

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
351 Posts
I'm trying out a new Yamaha V1 neck on an older Alto YAS 875 ( not the EX, not the EX II, not an 82Z - but the original 875 ). The new neck plays very sharp - trying both a Meyer 5 and a Vandoren AR3 mouthpiece ( with either cane reeds or Legere Signature )- and both result in a sharp pitch. Both these mouthpieces play in tune with the original neck ( The M1 ). Even at the end of the cork, the pitch is still off.
Any ideas why the V1 neck pitch is so different from the M1?
Probably not much help but I have 2 V1's that play perfectly with my 875.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I went back and needed a slight adjustment on the small pad on the neck - and also another key out of wack - and it's playing fine now. Liking the V1 neck better than the original M1 that came with the horn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts