Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a new Yamaha YAS-23, but it's made in China. She bought it new, took 7 lessons, and decided it wasn't for her. It's been sitting in the case for several years.
I would like to hear from you if you own, or have owned, one.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,943 Posts
I have a line on a new Yamaha YAS-23, but it's made in China. She bought it new, took 7 lessons, and decided it wasn't for her. It's been sitting in the case for several years.
I would like to hear from you if you own, or have owned, one.
Need to decide today!

Thanks,
Bob
YAS 23 is a good horn. When I was a Yamaha endorser, they specifically asked me to demonstrate the YAS 23 to show how good it can sound and to this day, pro players use the 23.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
If it is a YAS-23 made in Japan it will say so on the instrument. This thread indicates that that model was discontinued in 2011. The 23's I have played and worked on have been excellent as well as their counterpart made with the Vito name on them. The few later Yamaha student saxes I have worked on were called Yamaha Advantage and were marked made in Indonesia. They were good saxes, but I did not feel the workmanship to be at the same high level as the earlier Japanese made models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mark on the horn says "Made in China". I'm wondering what those who own them, or those who work on them, think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts