Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a WX-11/WT-11 combination in excellent shape. A reed player can sound like anything from acoustic bass, all the woodwinds and brass, to pipe organ. Anyone know what the pair may be worth?

I could look on eBay, but I’ve found the used electronic equipment sold there to be non-functioning or near totally spent and described as “excellent.” Not a great resource.

The pair were only $1,000 brand new, and that was better than 15 years ago. I know that electronics do not appreciate in value.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got my answer from a local player who has a WX-5. Apparently not worth the trouble of selling it. Around $300-$350; for that little money I’ll give it more closet time.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I made the same decision recently, having bought my WT-11/WX-11 used about 15 years ago for around $300.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They’re interesting little buggers, aren’t they? It’s funny, though. To my ear the sound sampling is great, even the varying attacks when playing it as trombone or violin. But all the saxophone samples sound like they sound-sampled a cheesy $49 Casio keyboard. I guess Yamaha figured anyone buying it already owned a saxophone and would be playing other instrument sounds.

Oh well, I’ll play a few violin concertos with it and then put it behind the closet door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts