Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new YTS-82Z last month and on a lark, I registered it on the Yamaha website. Was surprised and pleased to get a survey email from Yamaha today. What a novel idea, ask your customers what they think about your product. I have no idea what they do with this info and wondered if others recieved and responded to this survey. If so, did you get any follow up?

· Registered
Selmer Paris Reference 54 Alto N791XXX
678 Posts
I will let you know I have bought a YAS-82ZII and once it arrives I'll let you know. (I played the one in the shop first and compared it to other horns before deciding to buy)

· Registered
29 Posts
I registered a 2000ish used YTS-475 on the Yamaha website and I also got the survey.

· Registered
Early 70's Yamaha YTS-21 with a 10MFan Classic 7* 'piece and whatever reed is in the case
128 Posts
Interesting. Might try to register my yts-21 for fun. That would be funny on a 40+ year old horn.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
A survey sent soon after purchase isn't as helpful to the company as they might think it is regarding improvement of the product. It would be better to get a customer's thoughts perhaps a year later.

However, such an immediate survey probably does give them insight on the reasons for the purchase.

· Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I can say that Yamaha is one of the very few, if not the only instrument manufacturer that solicits, responds, and acts upon suggestions for improving their instruments from professional repair techs who work on them on a regular basis.

(Are you listening Conn/Selmer?)

· Forum Contributor 2014-2015
1,773 Posts
I can say that Yamaha is one of the very few, if not the only instrument manufacturer that solicits, responds, and acts upon suggestions for improving their instruments from professional repair techs who work on them on a regular basis.

(Are you listening Conn/Selmer?)
Yamaha is impressive--both with the repair tech information you caption and the surveys. They're a company committed to excellence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.