Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Yamaha dealer or office in NYC where I can try their horns... without obligation to buy?

I would think that a shop owner would be cheesed off if he knew I only wanted to test drive...without the cash in my pocket.

I'm eager to put my hands and lips on the new 82ZR sop...

Hope that being honest doesn't backfire...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is there a Yamaha dealer or office in NYC where I can try their horns... without obligation to buy?

I would think that a shop owner would be cheesed off if he knew I only wanted to test drive...without the cash in my pocket.

The Sam Ash stores in Manhattan and Carle Place both have the full line of Yamaha saxes, and you're allowed to try them without any obligation. However, while the YSS82ZR are on order, they aren't in stock yet. Yamaha will be shipping them sometime this month.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would also contact Yamaha Artist Services in Manhattan. I may be wrong, but I believe that they have a full showroom full of different models for you to try, with no obligation.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,640 Posts

They don't know you don't have the cash. Just go blow and almost buy it but then you decide you want to sleep on it.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
This is NYC, are you kidding me?!!?

Never reveal your hand when talking to a merchant. If they know you're not interested in buying anything, you'll get all the service they think you deserve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts