Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi......., I'd really like to try out a few alto horns, (Yamaha 82z). Does anyone know of a shop in the Central or Southern CA area that is a Yamaha dealer?

I've done some searching, but Yamaha's have been difficult to find.

Thanks,

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
The Nick Rail chain may have a few in stock, but if you are looking for one location with several models to test-play, I don't know of anything like that. Maybe someone else here will weigh in - it has been a few years since I last haunted various stores looking for that special horn. The Nick Rail store I visit regularly (in Canyon Country) had a few new Yamahas on the wall; altos and a soprano, as I recall). You may also want to inquire at Baxter-Northrup in Sherman Oaks, and I recall a store called The Horn Connection (was it Orange County?). DAVE

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome back Dave! Mayho

·
Registered
777 Posts
DAVE????? Great to have you back on the forum!

Chyll, Anaheim Band Instruments and Horn Connection Los Angeles are authorized Yamaha dealers. Anaheim Band will usually have a few 82Z's and 875EX's in stock to try. They're great. Horn Connection will carry ususally a lacquered and silver Z at any given time to compare. Love the silver Z's.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Anaheim Band is definitely a place to go try out some, but if you're looking to try a bunch of them, maybe you should go to the Yamaha shop in Burbank. I picked out my 82Z there. They can't directly sell it to you, so once you pick your horn, they'll send it to an authorized seller (mine was sent to Anaheim Band since I live near there) and you can pick it up and pay there. The advantage at the actual Yamaha shop in Burbank was I got to try out every model. 82Zs, EXs, unlacquered, black enamel, silver, changed the necks, etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to PM you MarkVI to get more info on the shop in Burbank!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
It is in Buena Park off the 91 Fwy. Anaheim Band can set you up with an appointment. Once you select the horn, payment will be made through Anaheim Band.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts