Hello
Yesterday I Checked YAMAHA 5CM for Soprano sax
and i very impressed because i play on my vandoren S35 And On The 5CM
And I Think Yamaha is forgery of the vandoren
what do you think about that ?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
961 Posts
I'm not planning on wearing my Yamaha costum until the end of October!

·
878 Posts
I don't understand either post at all...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think he is asking if the Yamaha mpc is the same as the vandoren.

If that is right, I don't know the answer.

·
14,302 Posts
I THINK there may be a difference between the stock Yamaha mouthpieces that come with some of their horns and the Yamaha Custom mouthpieces that may be included with their higher-end saxophones/clarinets . . . but I am not sure. I took it to be a question about a Yamaha Custom soprano piece being a copy of a soprano Vandoren piece he has. I don't know the answer.

I DO know that a stock Yamaha 4C soprano piece I have plays surprisingly well for me with a soft Fibracell reed, although I have other pieces I like better. DAVE

·
4,147 Posts
I think the Custom piece is a C* copy, only he chamber has slightly rounded edges instead of being perfectly square.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
Martinman said:
I think the Custom piece is a C* copy, only he chamber has slightly rounded edges instead of being perfectly square.
That's always been my impression as well.

I generally hate the S80's on every horn with the exception of soprano. The Yamaha Custom pieces aren't too bad on soprano either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jmartin said:
I think he is asking if the Yamaha mpc is the same as the vandoren.

If that is right, I don't know the answer.
Yes this my queqsiton
i soory i am from isreal in my country we are not tallking english only hebrew and arabic

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
Martinman said:
I think the Custom piece is a C* copy, only he chamber has slightly rounded edges instead of being perfectly square
Yup. And the Custom has really poor facings too. And the chamber is too small for the type of mouthpiece that they are trying for...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yes, the Custom is like a Selmer S-80. The one I tried was ok but nothing special.

The Custom "CM" is indeed different from the plastic "C" model. Yamaha does make facings more open than the 5CM and 4C, but they are hard to find in the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts