Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a Yamaha Allegro Eb Alto Saxophone (YAS-575AL) that I'd like appraised. At first I thought to go through the traditional route and pay for an appraisal but I found this website and thought I'd try my luck here first. The horn was purchased in 2006-07 in brand new condition. Over the years it's been lightly used. There has never been any internal damage or repairs needed. The pads and keys are all still in excellent condition. Two possible minor issues are the scratches to the lacquer on the left side of the bell and the screw for fastening a lyre is missing. The original mouthpiece, mouthpiece cover, ligature and neck are all still in good condition and included in the sale are the neck, body and bell padsaver (three different items). The case has some minor damage to the exterior corner from my dog biting it.

I appreciate the time and effort anyone takes into making a professional, credible and accurate appraisal for this sax. Hopefully the pictures enclosed will help with the process.

View attachment 36979 View attachment 36980 View attachment 36981 View attachment 36982

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,452 Posts
Hello all,

I have a Yamaha Allegro Eb Alto Saxophone (YAS-575AL) that I'd like appraised. At first I thought to go through the traditional route and pay for an appraisal but I found this website and thought I'd try my luck here first. The horn was purchased in 2006-07 in brand new condition. Over the years it's been lightly used. There has never been any internal damage or repairs needed. The pads and keys are all still in excellent condition. Two possible minor issues are the scratches to the lacquer on the left side of the bell and the screw for fastening a lyre is missing. The original mouthpiece, mouthpiece cover, ligature and neck are all still in good condition and included in the sale are the neck, body and bell padsaver (three different items). The case has some minor damage to the exterior corner from my dog biting it.

I appreciate the time and effort anyone takes into making a professional, credible and accurate appraisal for this sax. Hopefully the pictures enclosed will help with the process.

View attachment 36979 View attachment 36980 View attachment 36981 View attachment 36982
I'll post the disclaimer that i am not a professional instrument merchant or appraiser. I pay attention to markets and am glad to offer an amature/educated opinion.

The YAS575 looks to have been positioned as a semi-pro model.

The value of an instruments depends heavily on a number of factors, one of the most significant is the type of marketplace. Looking at ebay selling histories, I've notices a few horns similar but better cosmetically than yours go in the $800 BIN range, though BIN can sometimes get some agressive activity, especially when on things like this which are relatively uncommon. OTOH, bins can also be considerby lower than auction sales. Yours has significant scratching on the left side of the bell and a little on the body. Was this a marching horn?

I would place the Ebay appraisal value in the $650-$700 range as condition is important.

In Person to person sales, $800-$900.

Retail: $1300-$1600, though of this I'm not so confident of this as I haven't found any retailers selling this.

my two cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I loaned it to a friend for about a month and that's where the significant scratching came from, she used it in marching. It was a stupid decision as the only thing I got from her was a half apology and I should have never let her use it in the first place. Other than that month it hasn't been used for marching and it's been sitting in my room for the last few years collecting dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts