Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just purchased a used (4 year old) Yamaha tenor 875EX from Ebay, and I notice that the neck says "62" on it. Can anyone tell me: (a) if this is definitely not the original neck (b) if not, is this a step down from the original neck? There was no mention of this in the advertisement, and there is a return policy. I just want to know that I received what I was promised.

Thanks

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,888 Posts
Definitely not the original neck, and it is a step down. I got one like this from Quinn The Eskimo and he replaced it with an E1 neck.

It should either come with the G1, G3, or V1 necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,888 Posts
The 62 neck is from a YTS-62

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
What neck was promised?
Unless the seller specifically states that the horn comes with a neck other than the factory original, the buyer is entitled to receive the matching neck that came with the sax as manufactured. The neck is part of the instrument, not an optional add-on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The advertisement stated that they were selling an 875EX, and that the horn was purchased by the seller. Before the purchase I asked the seller the age of the horn, and the seller stated that he purchased the horn new 4 years ago. So naturally, I assumed that the entire saxophone that was being sold was the saxophone that he purchased 4 years ago; I think the neck is part of the saxophone. I understand if doesn't have the original mouthpiece or something like that, but the neck is part of the Yamaha horn, so I believe that should have been mentioned in the listing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts