Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, It's time to start a fresh thread on this amazing horn becasue all existing ones were around the time (2003) when they were having the intonation problem with the G1 Neck. Well that has since been fixed long ago and let's get some discussions going on this monster!

·
Forum Contributor 2014, Distinguished SOTW Member
2,087 Posts
A sweet sweet horn. I just recently acquired one and find myself in a position to have to part with it! Mine is silver with black roo pads and silver resos. Plays circles around my recently departed vi (for me anyway).

I just got a Borgani that I absolutely love though, and I couldn't bear to get rid of my nickel plated Conn tranny. I can't justify keeping three tenors. I have a feeling I might regret letting the 82Z go. I would probably regret letting any of the three go for that matter. But, it will probably be easier to replace the 82z than a Borg or a Tranny.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
Woosax, you had all the goodies on that horn except for the G3 neck!! I have white roos, metal resos and the silver G3. I think they're great horns, but I am not married to the darn thing! If I find something better I will be all over it, but it hasn't happened yet! :)

Seriously, I think they're great horns! Very well made! Very accurate tooling, fit, and finish! The tone is malleable and the response and resonance (vibration) is the best I've experienced.

·
Forum Contributor 2014, Distinguished SOTW Member
2,087 Posts
I do love the 82-Z, and the build is far better than the Borgani. But, when I blow the Borgani I feel like the air column in the horn is a part of me. It just connects to my gut like no other horn ever has. Ok, this is an 82-Z thread- enough about the Borg. Who knows, maybe I'll be in the market for a Z again sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts