Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cheap Yamaha 6C mouthpiece from my local music store - it is a similar price to the 4C mouthpiece.

Anyhow I tried it on my Custom 82Z and was staggered at how good the mouthpiece was - I have previously used the Yamaha 4CM mouthpiece which came with the sax, and also a Jody Jazz HR* 6 mouthpiece. I am currently using Marca Jazz 3 reeds.

I've not seen much comment on the Yamaha 6C mouthpiece (everyone seems only to talk about the 4C and occasionally the 5C) - has anyone else tried this mouthpiece on an 82Z ?

Ian Taylor
http://www.iantaylor.org.uk/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
214 Posts
I ordered a 6c for my soprano. Has not arrived yet, but I expect it to give a little more sound which is what I am looking for. Price is right at around $20.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I like a more open mouthpiece so after getting on so well with all 4c's that have come with my yamaha army, I have replaced them all at some stage with the more open versions.
Each and every time the qualities they have simply trade up in keeping with the larger sizes.
I used a 6 on a 62 alto for sometime...they are a good sound for terrific value but the chances are it will not be the best mouthpice you ever try.
Only a brief flirt with the cm mouthpieces for me as they fell at the first hurdle. (wierd!)
Anyways...eventually I moved on to vandoren java A45 took it up a level.
I now play an RPC, but all said and done...I would happily play the 6C without any concern that its not doing the job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts