Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am helping a friend who is re engraving a Yamaha 61 SN 55xx but we have not been able to find a clear photograph of the bow original engraving. Perhaps a SOTW member could be so kind to help us, either posting here a photo of their sax or sending it by email to antoniosemail @ gmail dot com.

Below is a photo of what we have and what we need.

Many thanks in advance

Antonio

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a YAS-61, serial #015XXX, and there’s no engraving on the area of the bow you marked in the photo.
Thanks.
Most photographs on the internet show no engraving, but I have seen some that do (but not clear enough for our needs). And this particular sax has some traces of it. Maybe some had and some did not.

Example https://www.saxophone.org/museum/saxophones/specimen/671 One can barely see thge engraving on the bow section.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Not my horn. I saw the post and went looking around EBay for you. I just edited the picture to show what you wanted. It doesnt go anymore to the right.

- Saxaholic

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
4,842 Posts
I don't think my old YAS-61 had that engraving below the joint. When I was young and didn't know any better, I had it relacquered because much of the back had been worn off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts