Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello sax fiends,

I've got two tenors that I am looking to sell. A Selmer Bundy tenor and a Yamaha YTS-61.

Question 1) Where can I sell them on here? I looked for about an hour to find the correct forum.

Question 2) Anyone have ideas on fair prices for said instruments? The YTS-61 was overhauled recently and is in really good condition. The Selmer Bundy has some dings and laquer damage. It will also probably need new pads. I'm just looking for ballpark price on both.

I'm simply looking to get these guys into someones hands who will actually use them. Coincidentally, I purchased the YTS-61 through this forum about 8 years ago.

Again, my apologizes if this is in the wrong sub-forum,

Jerry

(Below is the craiglist link for both horns)

YTS-61 https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/d/pittsburgh-saxophone/6896357747.html

Selmer Bundy https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/d/pittsburgh-saxophone/6872091756.html

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
The Marketplace sub-forum has recently (in the last week) been shutdown due to some issues with buyers & sellers expecting the forum moderators to mediate disputes when sales don't go well. So that's why you aren't finding it.

Regardless, you don't have enough posts (50) to qualify to sell on the forum anyway though you may have been grandfathered in because of your SOTW join date of 2008. I'm never quite sure how the rules are applied in this regard.

As far as your horns go, IMO you have them priced about right in your Craigslist ads. While the Bundy is not a particularly desirable horn it would be fine for a beginning student though if it needs significant work the price may be a bit high. The Yamaha YTS-61 has had a resurgence of sorts over the last few years and with a fresh overhaul, assuming it was done well, it should be worth around $1500. Good luck with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith or anyone reading this out there on the interwebs,

Thank you so much for the reply. I absolutely detest ebay and folks in Pittsburgh don't seem to want my instruments. Any ideas where I can get them to a good home?

Also, Glacier NP is amazing!

Jerry

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would try Reverb or Facebook Marketplace to sell...or wait a little while until the SOTW marketplace comes back up. If I wasn’t already set as far as tenors go...I that 61 looks good! But my wife would kill me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
minicooper,

Thank you so much! I love the saxophone so much, but its literally sat for two years. I don't want to wake up being 80 years old, and someone hasn't been able to use it that whole time.

You got to keep the wife happy, don't I know it! I will take a look into reverb, thanks for the tip.

Cheers!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
61's are beautiful horns. Not to Hijack but I've been playing and recording on a 61 for 2 and a half years and they are definitely the best underdog tenors on the market. I've had a few respectable repairmen and players tell me they thought they were some of the best horns ever built.

I tend to agree.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
61's are beautiful horns. Not to Hijack but I've been playing and recording on a 61 for 2 and a half years and they are definitely the best underdog tenors on the market. I've had a few respectable repairmen and players tell me they thought they were some of the best horns ever built.

I tend to agree.
Yes ! I agree. I've loved it! It's so afordable for the sound value you get. Would you like another?!!? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts